About the role
We are on the way of building one of the most loved employee products in the history of B2B. For this, we are looking for a Principal Full Stack Developer to guide our full stack team and create scalable software.
As a principal engineer you will substantially define and drive the future of deskbird’s processes, systems and products.
- Design, develop and deliver critical parts of the application landscape to lead by example and establish best practices hands-on.
- Take full ownership and guide your team to improve architecture and to ensure scalability and resilience across the entire stack.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
8+ years experience developing web applications.
Extensive experience in full-stack software development with TypeScript.
Extensive experience in developing web applications with modern frameworks (Angular, RxJS, Express, Nest).
Proficiency in data modeling & SQL/NoSQL database technologies.
Experience with test-driven development and code quality standards.
Passion for agile development, working closely with product managers, designers, infrastructure engineers.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or a related technical field.
- Experience in developing scalable and robust distributed systems on cloud infrastructure (IaaS and PaaS).
- Experience in designing and evolving public APIs (REST, GraphQL, RPC).
- Strong foundation in software architecture with domain-driven design, structural and behavioral design patterns. programming paradigms (object-oriented, functional, reactive).
- Excellent knowledge of DevSecOps best practices, including coding standards, security by design, CI/CD processes, release management, monitoring and scaling.
Besides an amazing working environment, we offer very competitive salary packages including equity and up to 10k€ in annual benefits:
- Company-wide summit: We bring everyone in the company together in varying locations across Europe for a couple of days per year. Check out the video of our last company summit
- “Bursts”: We support you and your team to get together in one location whenever you need a face-to-face meeting.
- Visit a deskbird: deskbirds are spread across exciting areas all over Europe and beyond. We encourage everyone to visit each other and expand your travel experiences.
- Home office equipment: We are a remote-first company and we will support you financially in creating the home office environment that you nee
- Coworking budget: Take a spot in a modern coworking space around your corner
- Well-being: Sometimes we need to take a break, e.g. to strengthen our mental well-being. The wellness budget is there to ease your mind on this!
- Learning and development: We support our employees’ future careers and education by offering a yearly development budget they can freely use for coaching, certification and conferences.
- and many more
Deskbird helps companies to bring back culture and make hybrid work, with the most user-friendly hybrid workplace app on earth. Employees can see when their colleagues plan to come to the office and book a desk next to them in only 2 clicks. We are a remote-first team with hubs in St. Gallen, Munich, Bucharest, Sofia and Belgrade and you will have the pleasure to work with international talents from 18 different nationalities across different locations.